Fall is coming quickly in Wellesley, and as the season begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the ideal time to begin considering how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some creative fall accents for your replacement doors to reflect the ambiance of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a strong impact on someone’s first impression of a house. Here are a few things to ponder when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to your doorway. There are many ways to create levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other unique fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are the best option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are usually staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your home look unique and stylish. Some of the popular door hangers this year include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to offer an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string several together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and hang it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they come at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating might include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Wellesley a call at 781-239-1161 or arrange an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!