The cold season is fast approaching in Wellesley and when the temperature lowers, the utility bills can often increase. There are several things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort this winter, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial in every season, here are several of the benefits that storm doors offer during Wellesley winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors provide an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money in your home as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can find its way in and affect your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella Wellesley experts a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to make a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to sneak into your home. Talk with a professional to solve these issues before the winter hits Wellesley.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors in Wellesley a call at 781-239-1161 or visit our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.