Winters in Wellesley might mean a lot of weather changes: colder temperatures, wetter environments and gloomy skies. One of the best ways to warm up the look of your home throughout this sometimes dreary time of year is by adding a wooden replacement door. The detailed wood doors from Pella Windows and Doors are made to complement your home and bring warmth to your entryway. Each Pella Wellesley collection provides a different style for your Wellesley home:
- Traditional: The Traditional Collection features unique glass designs and detailed wood panels for a look that is timeless.
- Craftsman: The Craftsman Collection brings simple, symmetrical detailing with a steadfast make.
- Classic: The Classic Collection adds elegance and charm to a home with a historic feel, decorative designs, beveled glass and true divided-light grilles.
- Old World European: The Old World European Collection takes guests back in time when they arrive at your home. Textured glass and decorative iron accents add grandeur and character to your entryway.
Now that understand the types of wooden doors available to you at Pella Windows and Doors, how do know if a wooden door is right for your space? There are several advantages to wood replacement doors besides their style and warmth. Here are a few features to consider:
- Because the doors are made of wood, they are easier to customize. Door panels, molding and any other customized features can easily be crafted into wood to make your front door unique. You can also showcase your wood’s natural grain with stain.
- Depending on your climate, wood replacement doors and windows can be a long-lasting, durable product. Wood doors usually require an overhang, so you will want to take that into consideration for your replacement project. That means that wood doors might help increase your home’s energy efficiency, and even diminish noise from the outdoors.
- Because wood is a natural material that can be shaped in different ways, wooden doors can be custom made to fit almost any size of doorway. And it isn’t difficult to insert glass windows or pieces into a custom door for increased light.
- According to Consumer Reports, wood is one of the best door materials for resisting wear and tear. Wood doors are less likely to dent and scratch and are easier to repair. However, to keep the wood doors looking their best, they require regular painting or varnishing on a regular basis.
The entryway is the main point of any home. If you are looking for an inviting upgrade this winter, or just want to try out a more unique look for your house, visit with our Pella Windows and Doors experts about wood replacement doors. Stop by our Wellesley showroom or book an appointment with us online.